S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard

Your Resource for mathematics help on the web!
It is currently Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:37:26 UTC

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: TeXshop for windows 7?
PostPosted: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:04:36 UTC 
Offline
S.O.S. Newbie

Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:00:05 UTC
Posts: 2
Does anyone know whether Texshop for Windows exists? I know it exists for MAC, but I have tried searching for one for windows without luck.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:41:53 UTC 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:25:14 UTC
Posts: 13970
Location: Austin, TX
Penarity wrote:
Does anyone know whether Texshop for Windows exists? I know it exists for MAC, but I have tried searching for one for windows without luck.

Thanks!


They have different implementations. Try using MiKTeX for example.

_________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 05:08:18 UTC 
Offline
S.O.S. Newbie

Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:00:05 UTC
Posts: 2
Shadow wrote:
Penarity wrote:
Does anyone know whether Texshop for Windows exists? I know it exists for MAC, but I have tried searching for one for windows without luck.

Thanks!


They have different implementations. Try using MiKTeX for example.


I do not understand you. TeXshop is a text editing software for Miktex, just like Technic center or TEX or WinEdit. TeXshop has certain benefits over others, but I have not found it for Windows - it exists for Macs though!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:07:14 UTC 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:25:14 UTC
Posts: 13970
Location: Austin, TX
Penarity wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Penarity wrote:
Does anyone know whether Texshop for Windows exists? I know it exists for MAC, but I have tried searching for one for windows without luck.

Thanks!


They have different implementations. Try using MiKTeX for example.


I do not understand you. TeXshop is a text editing software for Miktex, just like Technic center or TEX or WinEdit. TeXshop has certain benefits over others, but I have not found it for Windows - it exists for Macs though!


http://miktex.org/2.9/setup doesn't look like there's a mac downloadable bit, but if you say so, then TeXnic Center is the one I recall using most often on my windows machine. As for "certain benefits" I think you'll find that's more subjective than anything else. If you want more help than that, you should post exactly what "certain benefits" you're looking for, as I always found TeXshop to be an atrocious implementation for my work.

_________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:49:20 UTC 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:49:32 UTC
Posts: 6777
Location: On this day Taiwan becomes another Tiananmen under Dictator Ma.
Shadow wrote:
Penarity wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Penarity wrote:
Does anyone know whether Texshop for Windows exists? I know it exists for MAC, but I have tried searching for one for windows without luck.

Thanks!


They have different implementations. Try using MiKTeX for example.


I do not understand you. TeXshop is a text editing software for Miktex, just like Technic center or TEX or WinEdit. TeXshop has certain benefits over others, but I have not found it for Windows - it exists for Macs though!


http://miktex.org/2.9/setup doesn't look like there's a mac downloadable bit, but if you say so, then TeXnic Center is the one I recall using most often on my windows machine. As for "certain benefits" I think you'll find that's more subjective than anything else. If you want more help than that, you should post exactly what "certain benefits" you're looking for, as I always found TeXshop to be an atrocious implementation for my work.


I believe in emacs+auctex -- powerful keyboard shortcuts never fails you.

MikTeX is Windows only, TeXshop is Mac only, so I don't think TeXshop is an editing software for MikTeX ;)

_________________
\begin{aligned}
Spin(1)&=O(1)=\mathbb{Z}/2&\quad&\text{and}\\
Spin(2)&=U(1)=SO(2)&&\text{are obvious}\\
Spin(3)&=Sp(1)=SU(2)&&\text{by }q\mapsto(\mathop{\mathrm{Im}}\mathbb{H}\ni p\mapsto qp\bar{q})\\
Spin(4)&=Sp(1)\times Sp(1)&&\text{by }(q_1,q_2)\mapsto(\mathbb{H}\ni p\mapsto q_1p\bar{q_2})\\
Spin(5)&=Sp(2)&&\text{by }\mathbb{HP}^1\cong S^4_{round}\hookrightarrow\mathbb{R}^5\\
Spin(6)&=SU(4)&&\text{by the irrep }\Lambda_+\mathbb{C}^4
\end{aligned}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:02:51 UTC 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 22:14:40 UTC
Posts: 2116
Location: El Paso TX (USA)
Here is an overview what's out there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_TeX_editors

_________________
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark. - Michelangelo Buonarroti


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Contact Us | S.O.S. Mathematics Homepage
Privacy Statement | Search the "old" CyberBoard

users online during the last hour
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005-2011 phpBB Group.
Copyright © 1999-2013 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA