Multiplying Simple Fractions: Problem 5
Rule 11: To multiply two simple fractions, complete the following steps.
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
Problem 5: Multiply and reduce the answer.
Answer. The fraction has a value of zero because the numerator is zero. Since zero times any number equals zero, then the answer is 0.
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2018 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour