MULTIPLICATION: Problem 2
Rule 12: To multiply a whole number and a fraction, complete the following steps.
- Convert the whole number to a fraction. (See Rule 8)
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
Problem 2: Multiply .
Answer. Convert the -7 to the simple fraction and rewrite the problem as
Multiply the numerators, multiply the denominators and reduce the resultant fraction
The fraction cannot be reduced.
The answer to this problem is .
The fraction can also be expressed as or .
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2018 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour