MULTIPLICATION: Problem 2
- Rule 13:
To multiply two or more simple fractions, complete the
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
- Problem 2:
- Multiply and reduce the answer.
- The answer is .
- Multiply the numerators, multiply the denominators,
and keep the product in factored form.
Factor the numerator, factor the denominator, and look for the fractions in the mix that have a value of 1.
- You can check the answer with your calculator. Calculate and calculate
. If the answers are the same, it means that
and are equivalent and you have worked the problem correctly.
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour