MULTIPLICATION: Problem 4
- Rule 13:
To multiply two or more simple fractions, complete
the following steps.
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
- Problem 4:
- Multiply and reduce the answer.
The answer is 0.
The rightmost fraction has a value of zero because
the numerator of the fraction equals zero. Since zero times any number is zero, the answer is zero.
You can check the answer with your calculator.
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour