Dividing Simple Fractions: Problem 3
Rule 14: To divide one fraction by a second fraction, convert
the problem to multiplication and multiply the two fractions.
- Change the sign to and invert the fraction to the right of the sign.
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
Problem 3: Calculate and reduce your answer.
Answer: There is no answer, the problem is undefined.
Solution: The fraction to the right of the division sign has a
value of zero because the numerator is zero. You cannot divide by zero.
Recall that the symbol for undefined or no solution.
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour