Dividing Simple Fractions: Problem 4
Rule 14: To divide one fraction by a second fraction, convert
the problem to multiplication and multiply the two fractions.
- Change the sign to and invert the fraction to the right of the sign.
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
Problem 4: Calculate and reduce your answer.
Answer: The answer is 0.
Solution: The value of the first fraction is 0 because its
numerator is 0. The problem
can then be written , which in turn can be written
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour