DIVISION: Problem 2
To divide three or more fractions, complete the
following three steps.
- Change the signs to sign and invert the fractions to the right of the signs.
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
Calculate and reduce your answer.
The answer is 1.
Convert the whole number to a fraction so that the
can be written
Change the division signs to multiplication signs and invert
the fractions to the right of the signs.
Multiply the numerators and the denominators, but leave them
in factored form.
Factor the numerator and the denominator and look for the
fractions that have a value of 1.
Now prove to yourself with your calculator that your
answer is correct. Use the following steps on your calculator:
If the answer is 1, you have successfully worked this problem.
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2018 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour