DIVISION: Problem 5
To divide three or more fractions, complete the
following three steps.
- Change the signs to sign and invert the fractions to the right of the signs.
- Multiply the numerators.
- Multiply the denominators.
- Reduce the results. (See Rule 10)
- Factor the product of the numerators.
- Factor the product of the denominators.
- Look for the fractions that have a value of 1.
Calculate and reduce your answer.
There is no answer, the problem is undefined.
Any number divided by zero is undefined.
If you are still a skeptic, let's go through the routine
Convert the whole number to a fraction so that the problem
can be written
Change the division signs to multiplication signs and invert
the fractions to the right of the signs.
The right most fraction is undefined, the empty set, any expression
that contains an undefined portion is itself undefined.
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2018 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour