SOLVING EQUATIONS CONTAINING ABSOLUTE VALUE(S)
- if and only if
- if and only if a + b = 3 or a + b = -3
- Step1: Isolate the absolute value expression.
- Step 2: Set the quantity inside the absolute value notation
equal to + and - the quantity on the other side of the equation.
- Step 3: Solve for the unknown in both equations.
- Step 4: Check your answer analytically or graphically.
Solve for x in the following equation.
If you would like to see the answers and the solutions, click on
Problem 3.2a :
Problem 3.2b :
Problem 3.2c :
If you would like to go back to the equation table of contents, click on
Copyright © 1999-2018 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour