SOLVING EQUATIONS CONTAINING ABSOLUTE VALUE(S)
- if and only if
- if and only if a+b=3 or a+b=-3
- Step 1: Isolate the absolute value expression.
- Step 2: Set the quantity inside the absolute value notation
equal to + and - the quantity on the other side of the equation.
- Step 3: Solve for the unknown in both equations.
- Step 4: Check your answer analytically or graphically.
Solve for x in the following equations.
If you would like to see the answers and the solutions, click on
If you would like to go back to the equation table of contents, click on
S.O.S MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour