SOLVING QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
- A quadratic equation is a polynomial equation of degree 2.
- The ''U'' shaped graph of a quadratic is called a parabola.
- A quadratic equation has two solutions. Either two distinct
real solutions, one double real solution or two imaginary solutions.
- There are several methods you can use to solve a quadratic
- Completing the Square
- Quadratic Formula
- All methods start with setting the equation equal to zero.
Solve for x in the following equation.
If you would like to see the answers and the solutions, click on
If you would like to go back to the equation table of contents, click on
S. O. S. MATHematics home page
Do you need more help? Please post your question on our
S.O.S. Mathematics CyberBoard.
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour