||Time: 1 hour
- A ball that is thrown upward follows the path
, where h(t) represents the height of the
ball above the ground at time t, and t represents the time since
the ball was thrown. How high above the ground did the ball reach?
Answer: The maximum height that the ball reached was 17 units.
- Find a degree polynomial with real coefficients that
has zeros 0, -3i, and 2-i.
- Divide .
- List the set of possible rational zeros for
- Factor completely.
- Find the equations of all vertical, horizontal, or slant
asymptotes of the graph of
Answer: The equations of the vertical asymptotes are x=1, and
x=-1. There are no horizontal asymptotes. The equation of the
slant asymptote is y=3x.
- Explain how you used the graph of f(x) to verify your findings.
Answer: By looking at the graph of f(x), the values of f(1),
and f(-1) are undefined. The graph gets closer and closer to the
lines x=1, and x=-1 but it never crosses it.
If you would like to practice on exams for Parts 1, 3 or 4, click on
Menu. It will take you back to the original menu.
Wed Oct 8 15:12:26 MDT 1997
Copyright © 1999-2019 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour