||Time: 3 hours
- Find the equation of the line passing through the points
and . Write the answer in the
standard form of the line ax+by+c=0, where a, b, and c are
integers and a>0.
- Find the domain and the range of the function .
Answer: Domain: x<3, Range: .
- Find the inverse of the function on the
- Find the midpoint of the line between the points
Answer: Midpoint: .
- Three gallons of a mixture is 60% water by volume. Determine the number of gallons of water that must be added to bring the mixture to 68% water?
Answer: 0.75 gallons need to be added.
- Factor the expression completely over the set of
- Find the exact point(s) of intersection of the graphs
Answer: The two points of intersection are (4,6) and (-1,1).
- Rewrite the fraction
as a simple fraction in reduced form.
- Find the exact distance between the two points
Answer: distance: .
- What is the slope of a line:
- parallel to 7x-6y+11=0 ?
- perpendicular to the line 7x-6y+11=0 ?
- On what interval(s) is the function increasing?
Answer: interval: .
- Find the maximum value of the function .
Answer: The maximum value is 20.
- Solve the equation for x.
- If you shift the graph of so that it is superimposed on the graph of f(x-5)+3, where will the shift take the point (1,-3) on the graph of ?
Answer: new point: (6,0).
- If and , find Simplify your answer.
- Solve the equation
Answer: The set of solutions is empty. x=-2 is not a solution!
- Which of the following is an even function?
- Which of the following is a one-to-one function?
- Which of the following has an inverse without restricting the natural domain?
If you would like to practice another Part 1, Test-Out exam, click on Next Exam .
If you would like to practice on Test-Out exams for Parts 2, 3 or 4,
click on Menu . It will take you back to the original menu.
Wed Jul 9 10:50:17 MDT 1997
Copyright © 1999-2019 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour