||Time: 3 hours
- Find the exact solution(s) to the equation
Answer: There is no solution because x=3 is not in the
domain of the original equation.
- If , find .
- Write the following trigonometric expression as an algebraic
expression in x:
- Find two angles that have the point (-3,7) on the terminal side
of the angle.
Answer: The two angles are , and .
- Building A and Building B are 100 feet apart. If the angle of
depression from the top of Building A to the top of Building B is 10
degrees, how much taller is Building A than Building B?
Answer: Building A is 17.6 feet higher than Building B.
- Find the exact value of
Answer: The exact value is 1.
- Concerning the following function
- What is the period of the function?
Answer: The period of the function f(x) is
- What is the amplitude of the function?
Answer: The amplitude of the function f(x) is 3.
- What is the maximum value of the function?
Answer: The maximum value of the function f(x) is 14.
- Where do the graphs of the functions ,
and intersect on the interval [6,14]?
Answer: The are two points of intersection which are
approximately (9.032,7.791) and (9.605,7.027).
- Find the approximate range of the function
Answer: The range of the function f(x) is approximately
- The graph of the function
is bounded by
two graphs. What are the equations of the boundary graphs?
Answer: The graph of the function is bounded above by the
line , and below by the line .
- What is the phase shift of the graph of
Answer: The phase shift of the graph is .
- Restrict the domain of the function so that
its inverse exists.
Answer: The restricted domain is . There are many
other solutions, e.g. .
- Find .
Answer: The expression is not defined, since the domain of the function
is [-1,1], and 2 does not lie in this interval.
- If point A is located at (2,3) and point B is located at
(-8,14), give the bearing and distance from point A to point B.
Answer: The bearing from point A to point B is . The distance from point A to point B is
- In triangle ABC, angle equals 40 degrees, angle
equals 30 degrees, and side AB equals 10 inches. Find
the exact value of side AC.
Answer: The exact value of side AC is
- Convert 150 radians to degrees in the degree-minute-second
- Find the equation of the circle that passes through the points
(2,3), (7,1), (9,5).
Answer: The equation of the circle is
- If , and the terminal side of t is
located on the second quadrant, find .
If you would like to practice another Part 4, Test-Out Exam, click on Next Exam.
If you would like to practice on Test-Out Exams for Parts 1, 2 or 3, click on
Menu. It will take you back to the original menu.
Wed Jul 16 15:55:54 MDT 1997
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour