- Find the partial fraction decomposition of
- Identify the sequence (in the sum) as arithmetic, geometric, or
neither and find the sum:
- Identify the sequence as arithmetic, geometric, or
neither and find the sum of the first 25 terms using techniques
described in class. Round your answer to two decimal
- In an arithmetic sequence, and .
- Find the formula which describes the nth term of this sequence.
- Using the formula found, write the first three terms of the sequence.
- Use mathematical induction to prove the given formula for every
positive integer n:
- An experiment consists of studying the number of boys and girls
in families with exactly 3 children. Let b represent boys
and g represent girls.
- Describe the sample space that considers the ordering of the
births of the 3 children.
- Describe the event that the family has exactly 2 girls.
- Consider the expression .
- Using the Binomial Theorem, write out the binomial expansion of
the given expression and compute the third binomial coefficient by
hand (show all steps).
- Using any method (calculator or by hand) find the rest of the
coefficients, and simplify the expansion in the above part.
- A child has a set of different shaped plastic objects. There are
3 pyramids, 4 cubes, and 7 spheres.
- In how many ways can she arrange them in a row if they are all
- In how many distinguishable ways can they be arranged in a row
if objects of the same shape are also the same color?
- One card is selected from a standard deck of 52 playing cards.
What is the probability that the card is a heart or a two?
- From a group of 16 smokers and 20 nonsmokers, a researcher wants
to randomly select 8 smokers and 8 nonsmokers for a study. In how
many ways can the study group be selected?
If you would like to check your answers, click on Answer.
If you would like to practice on Exam 4, click on Next Exam.
If you would like to return to the original menu, click on Menu.
Fri Jul 18 22:50:49 MDT 1997
Copyright © 1999-2017 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour